EMERGE 2020 EVENT
November 20-22 - Deer Valley Meadows
REGISTER ONLINE HERE
Hello Pastors, Youth Leaders and Congregations,
Please help us share about the Emerge program with Grade 10 & 11 students in your context that you feel would benefit from this Mentorship emphasis. In the life of the church you may have the opportunity to encourage a student to consider Emerge.
EMERGE is a Mentorship initiative for High School Students throughout our network.
EMERGE is for students that show leadership potential and who take their walk with God seriously.
Our Youth Task Force developed this initiative several years ago and determined 3 values for Emerge.
1. To foster strong connections throughout our network and encourage young leaders. Students are required to seek out volunteer opportunities in their local church.
2. To provide opportunities for students to learn and grow in their leadership potential. Each year we facilitate the EMERGE retreat at Deer Valley Meadows.
3. To see each student have an opportunity for discipleship by an adult mentor in their community. Each year EMERGE starts with a weekend retreat (A November event is currently being planned. We cover the costs once you arrive at Deer Valley Meadows).
Learning opportunities of EMERGE are:
Spiritual Gifts, Ministry style, Personality style, Spiritual disciplines, devotional preparation/leadership, meal prep, worship preparation/leadership, Service projects and more.
Building up today's young leaders
To come alongside students that exhibit leadership qualities and to encourage them to develop and utilize their God-given talents and gifts in God's Kingdom and see them practically live out their call.
Creating strong connections between Canadian Church of God Ministries and the student leaders so that:
Connecting student leaders across our region with each other through:
Discipling students, ensuring that:
To see students serving in their congregations and within our region so that we:
Resource mentors so that they can:
We are looking for students who:
Students' responsibilities are to:
We desire to see Mentors who:
Mentors will be connected by:
Mentors will be held accountable through quarterly connection with youth task force members designated for their region
Mentors will be given resources on how best to mentor their students
Mentors will ensure students are:
Process - 3 year commitment - students/mentors will have an assigned reading to thoroughly study throughout the year. They will be the catalyst for discussion during monthly meetings.
Youth Task Force Roles
EMERGE Weekend Event
2. 1st year responsibilities
3. 2nd year responsibilities
4. 3rd year responsibilities
5. 4th year responsibilities
Sunday - 2nd-3rd year to share what God has been doing in their lives