CCOGM CREDENTIALING PROCESS
1. Candidate sends resume and writes a letter to the chair of Credentials declaring a divine call to ministry. The letter should give a brief description of how you came to the Lord, how and when the call to ministry came and how you are presently involved in ministry with a local congregation. This information should be sent to the Regional Office via email: email@example.com (Attention: Credentials Division.)
2. The Credentials Division will then be in touch with the candidate regarding further steps in the application process.
Steps to Ordination
Ordination, the final step of vocational credentialing, recognizes a minister's call and vocational commitment to the Christian ministry. Ordination is to be granted only when it is strategic to the performance of vocational ministry to which one is called, and when its recipient is found suitable for ordination by virtue of divine call, appropriate character, spirit, commitment, preparation, beliefs, and performance.
1. The Credentials Division will work with the candidate and the local congregation, providing them with the necessary forms for the ordination process.
2. Credentials Division will then schedule an interview with the candidate once all the paperwork is complete.
3. If approved for Ordination, the chair of the Credentials Division will report the results of the interview and arrange for an Ordination service in candidate's home church.
4. The candidate will then complete the Ordination Declarations & Convictions sheet as instructed, submitting this information to the District Office prior to the Ordination service. (These Declarations and Convictions will be read by the candidate during the Ordination service.)
5. An Ordination Covenant is to be signed by the candidate during the Ordination service and a copy filed with the Assembly and the Church of God Ministries in Anderson, Indiana.
Steps if transferring a valid ministerial license from another denomination:
If you are a Search Committee considering calling a pastor with a valid license from another denomination, it is imperative that you work with the Executive Director to determine the appropriate steps in calling the pastor to the Church of God. Since other denominations have different theological beliefs, it will be necessary for Credentials to determine if a person's theological position is compatible with the Church of God, before a candidating weekend is scheduled.
Steps if transferring a valid Ordination Certificate from another denomination:
If you are a Search Committee considering calling a pastor with a valid ordination certificate from another denomination, it is imperative that you work with the Executive Director to determine the appropriate steps in calling the pastor to the Church of God. Since other denominations have different theological beliefs, it will be necessary for Credentials to determine if a person's theological position is compatible with the Church of God, before a candidating weekend is scheduled.
Please contact Executive Director - George Lutzer for details.
PASTORAL COACHING COHORTS
According to the Great Commission that was given to us by Christ, Christians in the church are first and foremost called to “Go and Make Disciples”.
Building a culture of discipleship in our churches begins with coaching of our pastoral leaders.
Pastoral Coaching Cohorts exist to introduce discipleship principles to our pastors through online group coaching. Coaching Cohorts meet one hour, every other week per year with breaks for holiday weeks and summer months. (mid September-end of May)
Online coaching will include times of teaching, discussion and connectivity among participants through interacting with discipleship principles and sharing of personal insight.
IF YOUR CONGREGATION IS IN-BETWEEN PASTORS:
A congregation in transition between pastors is in a very important and strategic place. It is a place of assessment so that the congregation can embrace the future. There are eight goals for the congregation in transition . You can review those eight goals by reviewing this article .
One of the first contacts by a congregation without a pastor ought to be contacting the Canadian Church of God Ministries for assistance in guiding your congregation through the transitional process. Please contact our Executive Director - George Lutzer