LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT - EDUCATION
LATEST MODULAR COURSES FROM TAYLOR SEMINARY
PL 634 The Pastor as Leader (3 Credits)
Modular course; January 8-12, 2018
As the church is being shuffled to the margins in a post-Christian context, it gives us the opportunity to re-evaluate how we see the gift of leadership, and to re-imagine the ways we lead. The course will deal with leadership as it relates to God's people learning to follow Him on mission. The emphasis of the course will be on the call, character and competencies, for leading a community of God's people in a post-Christian context. We will focus on knowing God and His plan for leading His people, becoming like Christ in the way we lead, and practicing leadership in the ways of Christ so that His people reflect His nature.
ABOUT OUR INSTRUCTOR
Dr. Cameron Roxburgh is a visiting professor to Taylor Seminary. He is the Vice President for Missional Initiatives for the North American Baptists, the National Director for Forge Canada and the Senior Pastor of Southside Community Church in Greater Vancouver. He has degrees from Wheaton College, Regent College and Fuller Seminary. Cam has taught at numerous seminaries and has been a conference speaker in North America and Europe.
Check out the 2018 Modular Courses being offered at Taylor Seminary:
See Taylor Seminary course flyer here:
If you are a Student Leader looking for resources to develop student leaders:
- Consider attending the Youth Leaders Summit - a training event for both youth leaders and their team leaders, held in Banff, AB each year in October.
- Consider sending your emerging leaders to Emerge - an experiential based leadership development event designed to challenge your key youth to become better leaders.
If you're looking for accredited institutions of Higher Education with a concentration on Bible that the Canadian Church of God Ministries has partnership with and/or recommends for obtaining a BA or MA degree:
- Ambrose University College www.ambrose.edu
- Rocky Mountain College www.rockymountaincollege.ca
- Briercrest Bible College www.briercrest.ca
- Taylor Seminary & EP Wahl Centre (Edmonton, AB) www.Taylor-Edu.ca
- Columbia Bible College www.columbiabc.edu
- Providence College (Otterburne, MB) www.providencecollege.ca
COG DISTINCTIVES BROCHURE 2017
Instructor: Kevin Schwartz
LAUNCHES SEPTEMBER 5, 2017!
CHURCH OF GOD DISTINCTIVES COURSE OFFER:
If you have asked these questions or wondered about the answers to some of these questions, you might want to consider taking in the Church of God Distinctive course through Rocky Mountain College. The course has been designed to satisfy three different kinds of participants. You can audit the course if you are a layperson in the church interested in furthering your knowledge of Church of God history. You can sign up if you are a pastor in the credentialing process and need to complete course work related to our Church of God history and doctrine. You can also take the course as a Fellows student and get credit toward your degree.
PROCESS TO APPLY FOR COG DISTINCTIVES COURSE ONLINE:
COG DISTINCTIVES COURSE DESCRIPTIONS
1. Review course description to decide if you want to apply for:
HTH101 - History of the COG or
2. Apply with RMC using this form:
Application for CCOGM DISTINCTIVES COURSE
3. You may also apply for the following: Pathways Fund Application
The Pathways Fund scholarship can lower the tuition rate by almost 1/3.
RMC per-credit hour rate is $325 and the
Pathways Fund reduces this by $100 per-credit hour.
Most credit earning courses are 3 credits.
The Continuing Education course rate is $150 per course and the
Pathways Fund reduces this by $50.
Click here to learn more about Rocky Mountain College.
For questions regarding your COG Distinctives application process to Rocky Mountain College please contact: Robert Harris